Officially titled the Congregation Council, our Council provides visionary and strategic leadership for the Congregation. Together with the Congregation, the Council discerns God's vision, monitors the budget and interprets the results, and oversees the Senior Pastor's administration of the mission of the Congregation.
The voting membership of the Congregation Council consists of the Senior Pastor and twelve lay members of the congregation. Any voting member of the congregation may be elected, subject only to the limitation on the length of continuous service permitted in that office. In addition to the requirements listed above, the following five guidelines are also used in selecting candidates for all elected positions:
- Commitment to regular worship attendance
- Commitment to a daily devotional and prayer life
- Commitment to growth as a Christian
- Commitment to growth giving with the tithe as a benchmark
- Commitment to sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with others.